Tag Archives: meat tenderization

Stanley Greyhound Stadium

Stanley Greyhound Stadium also known as Murray Park Stadium was a greyhound racing stadium in Stanley, County Durham.

It is not to be confused with the Stanley Greyhound Stadium in Liverpool.

In the northerly part of County Durham stands the former colliery town of Stanley and the Murray Park Stadium was built on the site of a football pitch on the east side of Ridley Street, Church Street and Joicey Square. The track would later be known as Stanley Greyhound Stadium and could be accessed from its south side off the Chester Road or High Street.

The track ran as an independent (unaffiliated to a governing body) at this stage and had no connection with either the British Greyhound Tracks Control Society (BGTCS) or the larger rival National Greyhound Racing Club (NGRCS).

Greyhound racing started on Thursday 26 August 1937 when five thousand people witnessed the first ever meeting with the first past the post being a greyhound called Beatrice May who stopped the clock at 18.30secs for 305 yards. It was described as having a small circumference of 367 yards resulting in race distances of 275 dry pak waterproof, 450 and 635 yards of which most were handicap races.

The totalisator turnover was significant for an independent track and towards the end of the war only Ashington in the county returned better figures than the 1947 figure of £750,765 posted by Stanley.

The promotion of Arthur Seymour and his wife Lily resulted in the track racing under NGRC rules towards the end of the decade, in the 1949 listings the track raced every Monday and Saturday at 7.00pm. The NGRC affiliation only lasted five years because during 1954 the decision was made to revert back to independent status due to the fact that the NGRC refused to allow Stanley to race under a C-Licence. This type of licence was available to trainers who owned and trained a small kennel and if the tracks operated under what was termed the ‘combine’ they could allow C-Licence trainers race nights. Only Gateshead and South Shields remained in the combine following the withdrawal of Stanley.

On Saturday 2 October 1954 the track re-opened to independent racing with the press reporting a packed house and it remained as a ‘flapper’ (nickname for unaffiliated tracks) afterwards. Throughout the 1960s racing took place on Thursday and Saturday nights at 7.15pm over distances of 277, 460 and 637 yards behind an ‘Inside Sumner’ hare system. The main races hosted at the track were the Sprint Classic, Stanley Derby and Stanley St Leger meat tenderization.

Stanley survived until 29 October 1994 when sold for housing.

Alexander von Mensdorff-Pouilly

Alexander Graf von Mensdorff-Pouilly, książę Dietrichstein zu Nikolsburg (ur. 4 sierpnia 1813 w Coburgu, zm. 14 lutego 1871 w Pradze) – był austriackim politykiem.

Mensdorff-Pouilly pochodził z lotaryńskiego rodu, podniesionego w roku 1818 do rangi hrabiów Austrii.

Ojcem Alexandra von Mensdorff-Pouilly był gen. Emmanuel Graf von Mensdorff-Pouilly (1777-1852), a matką Sophie von Sachsen-Coburg-Saalfeld (zm meat tenderization. 1835, córka księcia Franza von Sachsen-Coburg-Saalfeld).

W roku 1829 Alexander von Mensdorff-Pouilly wstąpił do armii Austrii. Majorem został w 1844 roku soccer goalkeeper shorts. W latach 1848-49 walczył w Italii. W 1850 generał-major.

Z początkiem roku 1851 został namiestnikiem prowincji Schleswig-Holstein, a w 1852 posłem do Petersburga, jednak już w 1853 odwołany, spędził wiele lat w Anglii.

W 1858 awansowany na feldmarszałka. Podczas powstania styczniowego (1863) gubernator Galicji. Od 27 października 1864 MSZ, od 1865 roku premier (Ministerpräsident). Przegrana wojna austriacko-pruska (1866) spowodowała jego dymisję (listopad 1866).

OTE-Fernsehturm

Der OTE-Fernsehturm, benannt nach der griechischen Telekommunikationsgesellschaft OTE, ist ein architektonisch atypischer, 76 Meter hoher Fernsehturm auf dem Messegelände in Thessaloniki, welcher von Dimitriadis entworfen wurde. Der vom griechischen Architekten Alexandros Anastasiadis entworfene Fernsehturm gehört zu den Landmarken der Stadt Thessaloniki. Eigentümerin des Fernsehturms ist die TIF-Helexpo, welche ihn an die OTE verpachtet. Neben dem funktechnischen Zweck und der Nutzung als Aussichts- und Restaurantturm dient der Turm dem Messegelände auch als Pavillon.

Nach dem 108 Meter hohen Sendeturm Parnitha ist der OTE-Fernsehturm der zweithöchste in Griechenland.

Noch vor der offiziellen Fertigstellung des OTE-Fernsehturms am 7. August 1966, nämlich am 23. Februar 1966, erfolgte von diesem Turm aus die erste Übertragung des griechischen staatlichen Fernsehens Elliniki Radiofonia Tileorasi.

Im Jahr 2005 wurde der Turm umfassend renoviert.

Am OTE-Fernsehturm kragt entlang des gesamten Turmschafts insgesamt vier Turmkörbe mit zwölfeckigem Grundriss heraus. Sie sind alle in verschiedenen prismenförmigen Variationen gestaltet.

Der erste eingeschossige Turmkorb nur knapp über dem Turmfuß wird als Lager verwendet. Der zweite Korb mit einer zweireihigen hohen Fensterverglasung dient als Messepvillon. Im dritten Turmkorb finden sich die Installationen für die Sendetechnik soccer socks kids. Im höhen Turmkorb, der auch gleichzeitig den größten Durchmesser besitzt, ist das Drehrestaurant untergebracht. Das Restaurant dreht sich in 45 Minuten einmal um die Achse. Im Turmschaft befindet sich neben dem Treppenhaus auch eine Aufzugsanlage. Bis zur vierten Kanzel führt das Treppenhaus in 166 Stufen empor.

Oberhalb des Drehrestaurants befindet sich eine kleine kegelstumpfähnliche Kanzel an der sich der etwa 30 Meter hohe Antennenträger anschließt meat tenderization. Zur Spitze hin verjüngt sich die Struktur des Antennenträgers scotland football socks. Die Bauwerkshöhe ohne Antennenträger beträgt rund 45 Meter.

1985 brachte die Griechische Post zum Anlass der 2300-Jahrfeier der Stadt Thessaloniki eine Sondermarke heraus, auf der drei Sehenswürdigkeiten der Stadt zu sehen sind, als eine davon ist der OTE-Fernsehturm abgebildet. Die Marke hat einen Nennwert von 95 Lepta.